Every 6-months, Rainforest Alberta hosts two Rainforest Summits, one in Calgary and one in Edmonton. These events are full-day, immersive sessions that measure the current state of innovation and look for opportunities to build a stronger, more resilient innovation ecosystem.
Rainforest Summit History
The first Rainforest Summit was held in Banff in September 2016 and brought together 60 of the leaders from across the province. 6-months later, Calgary held it's second summit, and in September 2017, Edmonton joined the movement. Since September 2017, Summits have been held the same week in Alberta's two biggest cities every 6-months.
During each session, members will learn about the genesis of the Rainforest analogy, why innovation is so important to modern economies, and dive into a measurement of the quality of the innovation ecosystem. Each session includes:
- Learn about the Rainforest and why Innovation is important for Alberta.
- Report on Rainforest initiative progress since September 2016.
- Examine results from the most recent Rainforest Scorecard Assessment.
- Brainstorm initiatives to improve the state of innovation in Alberta based on strengths and improvement opportunities, patterns in Scorecard data, strategic issues and technological or political trends..
- Review and discuss the Social Contract and its role in encouraging innovation.